Saturday, May 22, 2010

GREAT LEAPS of progress out there the last couple weeks, my friends. BOUNDS of progress. GREAT STRIDES.


Shade bed, now featuring a Blizzard mockorange, some phlox, All Gold japanese forest grass, and pulmonaria.

Photobucket


Sun bed, continuing to fill in with awesomeness.

Photobucket


Wall bed, featuring madly blooming spirea and newly planted The Fairy rose.

Photobucket


Corner bed, looking surprisingly civilized, albeit empty in the middle.

Photobucket


Some items with which I am particularly delighted:

The rhododendron. SQUEE.
Photobucket

The lilies, showing evidence of my scrupulous attention to Operation Sudden Lily Beetle Death.
Photobucket

Alliums of fabulousness. I'm a little peeved that the "mixed" giant alliums I ordered turned out to be all purple, but they're fabulous enough regardless that I don't care all that much. Also, they multiply, because where I originally planted two there are now four coming up. w00t!
Photobucket

And from a couple weeks ago: apple trees in bloom.
Photobucket

Must also take a picture of the delphiniums, because holy crap, they are astonishing me with their will to survive. I hadn't really expected them to come back, but they in fact put up about three times as many stalks this year. Having learned my lesson from last year, I am tying every single one to a five-foot stake.

No comments:

Post a Comment