Friday, May 28, 2010

Aha! Look at this, I have discovered how to make a cut to contain all my mad progress pictures!



FRONT YARD

Overall:
Photobucket

Well, it's insanely weedy and disappointingly free of poppies, as far as I can tell, but it's getting there.

Woo, lupins! After seeing a yard chock-full of many-coloured varieties of these, I am hoping they seed themselves around freely.
Photobucket

Peony blooming, FINALLY.
Photobucket

BACK YARD

Overall:
Photobucket

Sun bed is less colourful with the tulips gone, but the patchwork of different foliage colours and textures does pretty nicely on its own. Everything else continues to slowly fill in. Very promising, I think!

Shade bed, featuring peonies:
Photobucket

Sun bed, with prairie joy rose contained in an obelisk behind the raging bee balm:
Photobucket

Wall bed, much the same:
Photobucket

Corner bed - check out the ornament I dug out of the shed for the clematis to climb on:
Photobucket

Side bed, with raging delphiniums - they're almost as tall as me:
Photobucket


Some detail shots!

New peonies!
Photobucket

Crazy shasta daisies. These had collapsed and were sprawling in all directions, so I roped them in with a peony hoop. They look a little weird as a result, unfortunately. Next year I will leave the support up and let them grow through it, instead of wrangling them into it after the fact.
Photobucket Photobucket

Bigass poppies about to bloom! Squee!! Hopefully they'll reseed themselves all over this area - mom had these things in her garden in Calgary, once upon a time, and I know they certainly popped up everywhere there, so here's hoping.
Photobucket

Hostas generously provided by JFlo are looking awesome.
Photobucket Photobucket

Columbine.
Photobucket

One single solitary bloom on the clematis. Hopefully it will come out with more next year, because: stunning!
Photobucket

Closer view of the insanely tall delphiniums. I may have to get 6' stakes.
Photobucket

Aaaaaand the thyme, on a very slow mission of creeping patio domination. I hope it blooms this summer!
Photobucket

1 comment: