Friday, July 2, 2010

More front yard schemes illustrated with that glorious piece of software, Windows Paint!

Photobucket

So at the back we have a Black Lace cutleaf elder next to hydrangeas of insanity. In front of this will be a little trellis pyramid - I figure I'll take two of those nice 4"x4" square cedar ones (like the one for the teasing georgia out back) and lean them up against each other. This will serve as the climbing surface for a Zephirine Drouhin rose. All around the rose will be planted monster alliums. Down in the front will be blue star junipers, maybe, or whatever other low-profile shrub I can find in that colour, and a My Monet weigela.

Hey, maybe I can put some of the awesome Graziella maiden grass in with the mallows?

Photobucket

Hmmm. Hard to tell. Getting kind of cluttered though. Damn my plant-collecting urges!

1 comment:

  1. don't think of it as cluttered. think of it as offering pollinating insects food and avoiding the monoculture of grass that is rampant in our cities.

    ReplyDelete