February, I hates you forEVARRRRRRRR.
To distract myself from how far away spring is, I went seed-shopping. The spoils:
* Parsley. I was surprised to learn from the package that this stuff is actually biennial, meaning last year's parsley will be back. Mom tells me, however, that it bolts in its second year - although it's okay if harvested early in the season, it still doesn't taste the same. So: new crop. At least the old stuff will be ornamental.
* Basil. Nom.
* Cilantro. Judging from the picture on the package this stuff is actually quite pretty in addition to being tasty.
* Poppies: "Paeony Scarlet" (annual), Californian Poppies (annual), and mixed oriental poppies (perennial).
* A cute ornamental grass called "Bunny's Tails", or lagurus ovatus.
* Blue fescue ornamental grass. I am going to have to do some more reading on this one, I've been warned it may be a thug. I suppose I could plant it in a container or something, anyway.
* Cerinthe "Purple Bells". An annual.
* Dianthus "Brilliancy".
* Coreopsis "Early Sunrise".
* Matthiola. This image is a lot prettier than I remember these things - to my memory they were pretty unremarkable, except for they smelled delicious (like lilacs but later in the summer). Possibly they needed more sun to actually look decent.